October 24, 2012

Groovy finish...



Well just in the knick of time I finished, totally finished this baby!  It was supposed to be finished in time for a special girls birthday oh, on the 5th of the month, but hey almost 20 days late is better than never! LOL
This is how far I had gotten by her birthday : )
Sorry for the somewhat blurry pictures, my poor camera is slowly dying....that would be a great Christmas present (hint, hint!)
This quilt challenged me in so many ways!  Lining up all the 3-1/2 in pieces and using solid fabrics, which I almost never use, took a lot of seam ripping.  I found I could not watch Netflix while piecing like I usually do, I really had to pay attention on this one or I would, say sew an entire row wrong...not that I did that or anything : )   Laying it out row by row took some creativity as my usual design wall was not large enough, so I had it going on 2 walls.



 
 

Miss H had drawn this amazing hand in art class and I used this as my quilting inspiration. 


So thankful once again for my longarm....I could NEVER have done this on my little domestic machine!



Quilting my Groove



This is what it looked like yesterday evening....such a fun one to quilt!



This bright blue patch in the collage says "made with love for HMW love mama"  I realize now that I forgot to date it...opps!

 

Made w/❤


Music notes on groove




The colors are of Miss H's choosing as earlier this year we repainted her room and have slowly been redoing it into a more "grown up" room since she was turning 13.   I had purchased all the fabric, but where it is grey I was originally going to put an apple green for a pop of color, but "someone" insisted on grey and I am so glad she did. 






Here it is all finished.  I bound it in scraps from the quilt.  Washed late last night and ready to be put in place on Miss H's bed.  I ran out between rain showers this morning and hung it over the fence as no one else is home to be my holder upper.

Groove....bound & ready for the wash!!

A hint of the back which is a sheet and some Chevrons, which match her curtains and bed skirt. 

Linking up with the Totally Groovy QAL



Now off to work!

9 comments:

Kell said...

I love the quilting you did especially the music notes.

Heather D. said...

Wowzers, it's fantastic! I am blown away.

leanne said...

this is just gorgeous - LOVE the quilting and great hand for inspiration - one very talented artist there :)

red in oz said...

Oh this one is fabulous :) And so special to use her artwork as inspiration for the quilting. Can't wait to get around to quilting mine, but it will be after Christmas now.

Ali said...

OOh, that is so cool you have a long arm to quilt with, I love all the different designs you used for it!

The Thompsons said...

I love, love your quilting! The treble clefs and musical notes are fabulous!!

Pile O Fabric said...

Your daughter may have a future job in designing! Her hand is awesome. I loved reading the process!

Kathy Gordon said...

The colors of this quilt really caught my eye. Your design is awesome. Greatly job.

Carla said...

I love your colors and that beautiful quilting.